2nd Edition Of Patient First Summit
The IHW Patient First Summit platform is one of its kind initiatives that bring together all the key stakeholders who would support building stronger health systems in India with patient care and values at its core. The mission is to drive forward – looking policies, patient- centric strategies and actions, based on science, patient experience, system design and partnerships, to initiate Patient-centric care, that places a strong emphasis on communication, shared decision-making, and collaboration between healthcare providers and patients. By involving patients in their own care, actively listening to their concerns, and respecting their choices, healthcare providers can foster trust and build strong patient-provider relationships. This, in turn, leads to higher levels of patient satisfaction and engagement in the healthcare process.
The 2nd Edition of the Patient First Summit will bring all relevant stakeholders on a single platform to identify and address the gaps in the healthcare system in India in the move towards a more patient focused health ecosystem.
The summit will bring together medical fraternity, policy makers, pharmaceutical industry, Patient advocacy groups & individuals, and patients themselves to share thoughts insights for better patient-centricity and advocacy in healthcare infrastructure & practices, and pharmaceutical sector for long-term engagement, partnerships and collaborations effectively with stakeholder networks to drive patient-centric journeys & health outcomes that place the patients at the heart of decision making and modern healthcare delivery mechanism. It will further highlight the need of growing attention to patient-centricity in modern healthcare and encouraging for a meaningful role of patient advocacy.
Key Highlights of the Summit
- Identifying the challenges in existing healthcare delivery mechanism focusing on patient – centricity & advocacy
- Emphasising on the role of advocacy groups and patient support groups for providing support and solidarity to patients.
- Focusing on the critical part played by pharma industry in providing specific solutions to patients and for better research and development.
- Interventions for patient-centric regulations in healthcare by government institutions & authorities in patient first policy framework and supporting innovation, access, education, training and better R&D.
- Use of Digital and New Technology to strengthen the existing healthcare ecosystem, patient collaboration platforms and healthcare delivery.
- Provide a roadmap to long-lasting relationship, consistent patient engagement and patient empowerment through strategic patient partnerships.
2nd Edition Of IHW Patient First Awards 2023
The 2nd Edition of the IHW Patient First Awards would highlight the positive change and focus on unprecedented innovations and exemplary technologies that organizations, groups and individuals initiated and brough in healthcare thus reducing health disparities, and providing much needed care & guidance to the patients at all stages.
PATIENT CENTRIC ADVOCACY AND INNOVATIONS
PAST SPEAKERS & JURY
IHW Council is a not for profit organization that works towards creating awareness and advocacy for a healthier world. Set up in response to a strong call to bridge the gaps in preventive healthcare and environmental protection, the Council advocate’s adherence to the highest standards accepted internationally in healthcare. With the core belief that health is a human right and not only the responsibility of the individual, the Council raises pressing concerns in the healthcare fraternity and engages policy makers, key government officials, academia, industry, health care experts and civil society.